Our firm, currently known as WLP Accountants, began with Alan Cowan opening an accounting service in 1954. Alan was the son of Hiram Cowan, a local solicitor (Butterworth Cowan Douglas). The Cowan family also operated a dairy farm at Oxley Island.
In 1973 Bruce Walker joined the firm as a partner and in 1975 Roger Lynch, who had worked in the firm since 1963 also became a partner. The firm was then known as Cowan, Walker & Lynch, with offices in Taree and Forster.
In 1998 the firm changed its name to Walker Lynch Petersen, reflecting the then partners of Bruce Walker FCA, Roger Lynch FCA and Mark Petersen FCA.
Stuart Horsburgh joined the firm in 1994, working in our Forster Office and becoming a partner on 1 July 2000, following the retirement of Roger Lynch, who remained as a part time consultant with the firm for several years.